- It received least resistance among users. Partly because this design leaves the feed unchanged.
- Control items were changed. The left menu gives me the immediate impression of a Microsoft Task Bar.
- The search bar is moved in between, centralizing social search and reminding me of Google. Of course, search is powered by Microsoft Bing.
- Strategic move: high-light(er) applications and games without interfering with news feed. War with Apple apps?
- Personally I like the idea of utilizing Facebook as a news reader. Apparently it can’t replace Google Reader and Twitter, but many people I care about are on Facebook, not Twitter.
Conclusion: this is what I believe a web platform should be like.