Group feature on Blackboard can be used for project collaboration.
Specifically, a few features I find useful and actually use:
- File sharing
- Discussion board
These two substitute emailing back and forth, and serves as a version control tool (i.e. you keep track of what you edit through different versions).
How to use the feature
- If you do not see a link named ‘My Tools’, request the lecturer to Show that link
- From a course (subject) homepage, click My Tools
- Click Groups
- Create your group, name your group smartly
- Ask your members to join
- DO NOT join a group you are not a member of because by default setting, you cannot withdraw yourself from a group. If you accidentally join a group that is not truly yours, request me to remove you.
- Click ‘File sharing’ to start using the function
- Click ‘Group homepage’ to see who are in your group
Familiarizing yourself with systems available to you gives you a boost in managing your projects in both academic and professional environments.