A comment on criticism by Carly Fiorina and Gordon Bethune.
The biggest challenge to Facebook right now is going mobile.
Effectively, Facebook is still in product development phase. It needs a war-time leader, a geek not a slick businessman.
The mobile app, mobile ecosystem industry is still growing without an emergence of a dominant giant. How many business CEO are there who are experienced to run a mobile company?
Mark would do well to take the advice of people who have done it before…
Which one is your favorite?
Over 4 years after I speculated that it was unlikely McDonald’s would come to Vietnam, the giant fast food chain visited Vietnam to explore opportunities.
McDonald’s will find itself competing with:
- Approximately 90 KFC stores
- Approximately 90 Lotteria stores
- Approximately 60 Pho 24 stores
- Approximately 22 Jollibee stores, which owns 50% Highlands Food which owns Pho 24
- Countless street food bread, sticky rice stalls and local noodle houses
This comes after Starbucks.
Photo credit: razzlyberry