(to-be-read in reverse-chronicle order)
3 September 2008
Positive review: SaigonNezumi, Google Chrome – What a browser should be -> Simple
A nice coverage: Chip 2.0, Review after the first day launching Chrome
Not-so-positive review: Google Chrome, it’s not worth the Buzz
Why Google Chrome is not only a cost-saving basket
On Finance’s side: GOOG’s Chrome is all about Wall Street.
TaiTran’s comment: Chrome is only only a cost-saving basket, but a full house for wealth for Google.
- OK, the money that Google is saving as depicted in Zdnet’s article is the kitchen.
- Chrome knows all your web activities. Google will sell smarter ads and thus their revenue from ads will increase. This is the bedroom.
- Chrome is the O/S for the web
Recall: what’s the 2 most successful properties of Microsoft? Windows and Office
Has Google got Office? Absolutely. Now Chrome is Google’s Operating System.
This is the living room.
- Chrome being open-source will attract the communities (many from Mozilla) who will work for Chrome (more accurately, GOOG) for credit rather than wages. This is the bath room.
- Chrome will be the web platform on which many applications and SaaS will base on: free dependency is never a free lunch. This is the dining room.
- Chrome being very light will integrate deeply with Android for penetrating into Mobile market. This is the garden.
In short, all about making money in the long run, given that Chrome will succeed. How successful do you think Chrome will be?
- Is faster than FF3
- Failed to import bookmarks from my FF3
- Offers more free space by pushing the tab bar to the very top
- Doesn’t destroy the layout when zoom in. This is both good and bad.
- Doesn’t display XML correctly
- Supports built-in 48 languages
- Connects to Google services at full speed
- Uses same web standard with Firefox
- Provides context-sensitive status bar
- No RSS auto-detectio
- No support for Quick Time
- AdBlock will be highly political
- Smart start page: recently visited sites
- Flickr “Web upload” does not work
- The address bar is a search bar
1 September 2008
Google’s official announcement: we hit “send” a bit early on a comic book
Tad was skeptical with 7 reasons why Chrome is a bad idea
Technologizer raised 10 questions
Agglom scanned the catoon
Google Blogoscoped threw the first bomb