It doesn’t look good on social-news, social-bookmarking sites:
- RIP Digg
- Yahoo! puts Delicious on sale for rumored $5m and the deal was reportedly bargain down to $1m
- Reddit is still strong but there are signs of attrition
- My stake: StumbleUpon may go on because it is slightly different from the rest
- Shift to consume news on social media
- Shift from topic-led to influencer-led: we are less interested in following interesting topics and more in following interesting people
- Paradigm shift: we will no longer go to news, relevant news finds us. How does machines know what is relevant to us? By two things: data mining and people know who what interest us
Let’s just face it, Digg is so 2007 and even if it might still be a cash cow, future doesn’t look good.
Investor sentiment can be measured by data mining information from stock communities.
A sentiment index can even be calculated.
Correlation between expressed personal view with the index can be attributed to reputation. The gravest pitfall of this approach, however, is myopia of the crowd. It takes time for contrarians’ view to be realized.
MBTI is the most popular psychometrics test by recruiters.
One of the reasons why it is widely adopted is it is easy to understand, train (by consultants), communicate, and test.
- Put people into 16 boxes, ignoring the complexity and obscurity of human
- Over-dependence on preset criteria
- Bypassing possible innovation ignited by a different individual
Another issue is MBTI is also one of the easiest to cheat. What I mean by "cheating" is when the test-taker consciously alter his/her answers to match what he/she guesses would be sought after for the job. Cheating also works with other systems like Big Five, 16PF.
I am not aware of a better solution; this is to alert of possible pit falls.
I bought a pair of pricey shoes.
Because they are pricey I take care of them more carefully.
I feel like they are more durable than my other less costly pairs.
Are the shoes really more durable or are they more durable because I care more for them?
Why you should dumb Twitter for Google+
- No artificial 140 limit
- Rich media
- You can edit your posts after posting
- More privacy settings
- All new Android phones will have Google+ built in
- Twitter is hopeless
By the way, my Google+ profile is http://gplus.to/taitran
inCard http://incard.vn is the new service offered by CungMua.com (a top Groupon clone in Vietnam).
Here are why you wanna use it:
- One card – multiple merchants
- Less pressure to use the vouchers. Most vouchers have time limit of 2-3 months. If you’re busy, you may rush to use the 2-month voucher when it expires. The inCard is valid for 1 year and I feel much less pressure in using it. Furthermore, being able to use it in multiple merchants also gives me much less pressure.
- One card => less weight, less space in your wallet
- Spontaneous. Sometime you hang out without planning ahead. Having a card in your wallet/purse give you multiple options where to go
- Status. The card is well-designed and makes you appear VIP when you hand the card to the waitress
Do you spend less than VND1m ($50) per year for hanging out?
To sell CTG
VPL looks interesting
Opportunity to buy some real estate following bank inspection
Screenshot from CafeF