Why quizzes seem to increase
- Platform: Facebook redesigned its newsfeed that allows more contents to be published
- Technical ease: Quiz creation platform is available so it’s easy to create new quizzes
- Workflow: The applications publish the quiz’s result and users might not really know which step publishes the news onto feeds
- Savviness: Some users might not know how newsfeed works
Why quizzes are seen as spam
- There’re just too many of them
- The change of the newsfeed has moved relationship-centric updates such as relationship status, friend connecting to other friends to the Highlights, allowing content-centric applications to rise to a high percentage on the newsfeed. In sum, the number has increased linearly, but the percentage has increased polynomially.
If you don’t like seeing quizzes flood your newsfeed
Simply use the Hide function by hovering your mouse over a feed item. Please note that you can either hide the application or hide the person.
You can unhide anytime by clicking “Edit Options” on the bottom right corner of your newsfeed.
I personally hide applications, not people. I leave, however, Enneagram and those backed by certain scientific theories.
Is it a wrong move by Facebook?
- Facebook earns commissions from applications’ income
- Some don’t like the new design, others do
- Facebook architecture is flexible, they can change course anytime
How about you? How do you feel about the newsfeed, especially the quizzes and games?
I’d suspected that Facebook is moving fast toward monetization.
But Sheryl Sandberg’s confirmation that Facebook has been profitable for 5 consecutive quarters still comes as a nice surprise.
Nevertheless, considering this model, where all the money has been generated is not much a question.
Where else has Facebook been making money on? Will Social Search come next? Will Facebook do Data Mining behind the scene?
Enterprise Resource Planning Systems are software systems for business management, encompassing modules supporting functional areas such as
- Human Resource Management
- Project Management
- Inventory Management
- Service and Maintenance
- Transportation, logistics and e-Business
The architecture of the software facilitates transparent integration of modules, providing flow of information between all functions within the enterprise in a consistently visible manner. Corporate computing with ERPs allows companies to implement a single integrated system by replacing or re-engineering their mostly incompatible legacy information systems.
2. Advantages of ERP
||How to Achieve the Benefit
|Reliable information access
||Common DBMS, consistent and accurate data, improved reports
|Avoid data and operations redundancy
||Modules access same data from the central database, avoids multiple data input and update operations
|Delivery and cycle time reduction
||Minimizes retrieving and reporting delays
||Time savings, improved control by enterprise-wide analysis of organizational decisions
||Changes in business processes easy to adapt and restructure
||Structured and modular design
||Vendor-supported long-term contract as part of the system procurement
||Extended modules such as CRM and SCM
||Internet commerce, collaborative culture
ERP Series Previous Posts
Free & Open Source Enterprise Resource Planning Software