If you haven’t read the specifications of the Note you can do that by clicking here
The foremost significance of the Note is its size: 5.3″, compared to 3.5″ of iPhone
iPhone 4 vs. Samsung Galaxy Note vs. iPad 2. Image Source
- Perfect solution for me: ONE gadget that works as both a phone and a tablet which CAN fit in my pants’ and jeans’ pockets
- The large screen minimizes mistyping for my thumbs. I always messed up with iPhone and similar-sized screens. The minimum I’m comfortable with is landscape Samsung Galaxy S II. It took Apple’s competitors 4 years to make decent pure touch-screen phones.
Samsung Galaxy Note vs. Samsung Galaxy S II
- The virtual keyboard of Galaxy series is better than that of HTC Sensation, I feel like the animation of Sensation bounds back at my finger too hard
- The touch screen is not as responsive as that of HTC, but is still good
- The Super AMOLED screen is terrific
- Most of the time I don’t need to zoom in while surfing
- I feel like the browser is not as good as Safari. However, Adobe Flash is a plus.
- I can slip the tablet into my pocket without a bulge. In fact, because the tablet is thin, it lies neatly along the pocket compared to thicker models like Blackberry Torch 9810
- The stylus is think enough, and control feels just right
- Battery lasts for a whole work day which is beyond my expectation
- The design is sleek and on par with that of iPhone 4S
- More customization compared to iPhone 4S
- Memory: even with devices of 16Gb, Android 2.3 still partitions 2Gb for system memory. At least 500Mb is occupied by the operating system. 2Gb system memory is not enough for applications.
Why hasn’t Case-Mate released a Barely There for Samsung Galaxy Note?
As at today there are 13 models of Kindle currently offered:
- Kindle DX Wi-Fi
- Kindle DX 3G
- Kindle Keyboard (was known as Kindle 3) Wi-Fi with Special Offers
- Kindle Keyboard Wi-Fi without Special Offers
- Kindle Keyboard 3G with Special Offers
- Kindle Keyboard 3G without Special Offers
- Kindle (was known as Kindle Basic) with Special Offers
- Kindle without Special Offers
- Kindle Touch Wi-Fi with Special Offers
- Kindle Touch Wi-Fi without Special Offers
- Kindle Touch 3G with Special Offers
- Kindle Touch 3G without Special Offers
- Kindle Fire
Models no longer offered:
- The first Kindle
- Kindle 2
- Kindle 3 with Special Offers
Nevertheless, the number of models are distinctively different enough.
- K-Basic for basic reading without extensive note-taking. This is currently the smallest and lightest.
- K-Keyboard for those with the need to take note and web-surfing
- K-DX for larger screen
- K-Touch for those who crave for haptic interaction
- and K-Fire for a tablet
Except for K-Fire, the e-Ink technology in the models are essentially the same.
When will Amazon launch Kindle Fire 3G?
Kindle 1 vs. Kindle 2
Kindle 2 vs. Kindle DX
Kindle 3 vs. Kindle 2
Kindle Fire, Kindle Touch, Kindle Basic
Read my Kindle 3 Review
You can view your documents on Kindle without plugging your Kindle in. All you have to do is send the document via email to your @kindle.com email and Amazon will automatically convert them to Kindle format. Click here to view formats Kindle 3 support.
You can also send one document to multiple Kindle recipient, as long as your email is approved by the Kindle owners.
You can setup these steps even before your Kindle arrives.