Gathering visitors, users, pageviews is not enough anymore. Leading internet firms have scaled past their own products to wider ecosystems.
||How to make money
||AdSense which can be embedded into any website.
||The Like button which can be embedded into any website.
eBay also integrated Facebook Want and Own buttons.
|Monetizing user data
||Display products that are not listed on amazon.com itself
||First, be the place where people start when they go shopping online
5. Advanced Planning and Scheduling
Manufacturing management process
raw materials and production capacity
to meet demand.
5.2. APS Characteristics
How APS is different from traditional planning:
The 2 diagrams concludes: APS process is simultaneous, thus is more scalable and optimal and usually gives more accurate results.
The cycles of APS allow throughput times and inventory to be reduced.
APS is often built on finite capacity scheduling.
5.3. When to apply APS
- Make-To-Order (as distinct from make-to-stock) manufacturing
- Capital-intensive production processes, where plant capacity is constrained
- Products ‘competing’ for plant capacity: where many different products are produced in each facility
- Products that require a large number of components or manufacturing tasks
- Production necessitates frequent schedule changes which can not be predicted before the event
5.4. APS & ERP Integration
The end result of APS: the Schedule is passed to Sales/Customer Service. Together with Orders, this Schedule is then input to ERP.
ERP Series Previous Posts
ERP Series vol 3: CRM
ERP Series vol 2: ERP System Characteristics
ERP Series vol 1: ERP Definition & Advantages
Free & Open Source Enterprise Resource Planning Software